CREOCEAN takes part in PIXEL European project
On Thursday 4 and Friday 5 May 2018, Olivier Le Brun, Projects Director at CREOCEAN, has participated to the Kick-Off Meeting of the PIXEL European project organized in Brussels. The PIXEL proposal addresses the H2020 2016-2017 Work Programme “Mobility for Growth” call, topic MG-7-3-2017 “The Port of the Future”.
The PIXEL (Port IoT-Internet of things for Environmental Leverage) project aims at enabling a two-way collaboration of ports, multimodal transport agents and cities to allow an optimal use of internal and external resources, sustainable economic growth and environmental impact mitigation. To do this, PIXEL will leverage an IoT based communication infrastructure to voluntary exchange data among ports and stakeholders thus ensuring a measurable benefit in this process. The main outcome of this technology will be efficient use of resources in ports, sustainable development and sustainable growth of ports and surrounding cities/regions.
The 15 organizations participating to the 36-month PIXEL project and the KoM were the following :
- UNIVERSITAT POLITÈCNICA DE VALÈNCIA (Spain),
- PRODEVELOP S.L. (Spain),
- XLAB RAZVOJ PROGRAMSKE OPREME IN SVETOVANJE D.O.O. (Slovenia),
- INFORMATICA PER IL SISTEMA DEGLI ENTI LOCALI (Italy),
- CENTRE AQUITAIN DES TECHNOLOGIES DE L’INFORMATION ET ÉLECTRONIQUES (France),
- ORANGE (France),
- CREOCEAN (France),
- SVEUCILISTE U RIJECI, MEDICINSKI FAKULTET (Croatia),
- SDAG SPA STAZIONI DOGANALI AUTOPORTUALI GORIZIA – INTERMODAL TERMINAL OF GORIZIA (Italy),
- THESALONIKI PORT AUTHORITY (Greece),
- PIRAEUS PORT AUTHORITY, SA (Greece),
- C.C.I.A.A. – AZIENDA SPEZIALI PER IL PORTO DI MONFALCONE (Italy),
- GRAND PORT MARITIME DE BORDEAUX (France),
- IPEOPLE LIMITED (UK),
- ETHNIKO KENTRO EREVNAS KAI TECHNOLOGIKIS ANAPTYXIS (Greece).
CREOCEAN’s experts will participate to most of the Work Packages of the project :
- (i) gathering and defining the set of technical requirements for the development of PIXEL solution,
- (ii) defining and implementing an environmental impacts assessment model within the framework of PIXEL, to be used by ports of the future in order to manage the port in an efficient way and adapted to the environmental stakes,
- (iii) developing a Port Environmental Index.
CREOCEAN will also lead some tasks:
- (i) The definition of the most important/relevant Key Performance Indicators’s for computing PEI-Performance Environmental Indicators,
- (ii) The Industrial dissemination of the PIXEL solutions / achievements.