The overall Keran approach
For our customers, the issue today is to make projects secure and acceptable and control their overall costs.
We have also committed to a real group project since 2013 in order to build an "overall Keran approach" that allows us to:
- assert good expertise at the right time
- jointly-build the project with the participants
- commit along with our customers, in a relationship built on trust
Innovating to help your projects
Innovation has always been at the heart of our development.
How can we respond effectively to new issues and new expectations? Innovation for our methods and tools will help us to provide our customers with appropriate answers.
Active in many networks: Mediterranean Sea and Brittany Centres, French Maritime Cluster, Europhar…, we are developing many partnerships with research laboratories (University of Blanes (Spain), Milan (Italy), Montpellier, Lille, La Rochelle, IUEM, MNHN, Ifremer...) and marine locations (Banyuls, Roscoff, Concarneau).
On the other hand, we are constantly investing in RTD projects. Here are a few examples:
- MESSIDOR project that looks at detecting sulphide deposits and that won us the Worldwide Innovation Challenge
- PAM Technique (Pulse Amplitude Monitoring) that can measure the photosynthetic activity of algae, coral, coralligenous formations or phanerogams
- CIFRE thesis on assessment of the effectiveness of compensatory measures in the marine and inshore environment (multidisciplinary thesis looking at assessment of ecosystem services to analyse losses linked to impacts of planning/exploitation/extraction projects and gains brought by compensatory measures)
- CECILE project, inshore environmental changes and impact of raising the sea level (funding from the National Research Agency)
- Research on biodiversity and restoration of mangroves in the Mahakam Delta in Indonesia
- Ecological engineering: restoration and transplanting of protected species (coral in Yemen and Qatar, sea grass in Guadeloupe, noble pen shells in Monaco)
- Drawing up marine and lagoon bioindicators, a landscape index for Mediterranean sea-beds and an index on underwater caves in Corsica.