Pilot Farm establishment for Floating Wind Turbines off the Languedoc Coast: Geophysical Campaign
PROJECT DATE: 2016 - 2017
LOCATION: Aude (11)-France
- Bathymetric acquisition
- Seabed imagery - side scan sonar
- Seismic-high resolution acquisition
- Morpho-sedimentary mapping
- Sub-surface geological analysis
- Point objects detection
Quadran Marine Energies wishes to develop a pilot floating wind farm off the Languedoc coast, project EOLMED. The design studies for this park, including the electrical connection and anchor part of the wind turbines, require the geophysical data acquisition and analysis, funds mapping and high-resolution seismic. The geophysical campaign objectives were:
- Seabed Morpho-sedimentary mapping,
- Superficial objects detection and localization,
- Sub-surface geological unit’s characterization and mapping.
The information acquired will be used to define the theoretical route of the wind farm electrical connection to the landing point. The data must also be used as the impact study initial state.