Port sediment characterization and regulatory study for the dredging of the Capesterre departmental port in Marie-Galante
CLIENT: CONSEIL DEPARTEMENTAL DE LA GUADELOUPE
PROJECT DATE: 2017 - 2018
LOCATION: Guadeloupe (France)
- Regulatory file preparation
- Initial state assessment
- Definition of the sediment disposal zone
- Assessment of the environmental project impact
- Follow-up evaluation, compensation and reduction measures
- Sampling of marine harbor sediments
- Interpretation of laboratory test results
Faced with a significant silting up of the Capesterre port at Marie-Galante, the Guadeloupe County Council needed to carry out dredging maintenance of it to restore a draft acceptable for fishing vessels.
These dredging works, carried out in contact with the marine environment, have been subject to the regulations relating to the environment code.
For this purpose, CREOCEAN was mandated by the Guadeloupe Departmental Council to carry out the preliminary study of sediment characterization and, subsequently, the implementation of the regulatory file on the Water Act.